DIY diaper wipes and solution

So we have LONG established that I'm a gung-ho cloth diapering mom who loves to DIY everything I can.. so is it any suprise that I make my own wipes and solution?  Nah.. didn't think so.
Well here is how I do it.
You will need: a box to hold your wipes. (I find that the Kroger brand wipes box works best for this, their wipes suck but the box is fantastic!),  Bottle to mix in (squirt bottles work great, we got that one for free at a Dollar general grand opening), baby oil, aloe vera gel, your favorite baby shampoo, and wipes.  To make our wipes we took 4 flannel receiving blankets (we use the rest at Flat diapers when we need them) and cut them into squares the size of the wipes that came in the box, about 6"x6"  I surged the edges but you don't have too.  You can also use the CHEAP baby wash cloths.  The expensive ones have to much grip and won't "pop-up" well.



I also keep 2 marbles in the squirt bottle to help with mixing.  1 squirt (about 1 Tablespoon) of aloe, oil and shampoo.   Fill the rest of the bottle with water and shake (don't forget the lid! :P  ) until well mixed.

Fold your wipes. I usually do this when I stuff my diapers, and just put the stacks together when I need to re-fill the wipes box
Lay one wipe half over the first wipe.


Fold the 1st wipe over the second so it makes a little taco fold around it.

Lay 3rd wipe over the folded end of 1st wipe

Fold second wipe over 3rd wipe just like you did with the first wipe

continue until you have a stack.  Don't worry if it is taller than your box.  It will fit.  If the folding process is confusing, just look at the wipes that came in the box.  It is the same process.

Half fill your wipes box with solution.

GENTLY place your wipes in the box.  Push to fast and solution will go all over the place.

Gently squish them down.

take your wipes out of the box. 1/4 fill the box with solution

Place the wipes back in the box, upside down.  You want the dry ones in the solution.   Squish gently again.

Put on your lid and pull the first wipe half through.  Tah Dah!!  Wet Cloth wipes!!   Just leave them in your cloth diapers and let them go through the wash with them.  Easy-peasy.
You can use this same sort of process to make cleaning wipes as well.  You will just need to change the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! What are your thoughts?