DIY Nursing Necklace


I have been coveting some nursing necklaces since Lil'C has gotten REALLY REALLY good at removing my glasses.  I have such bad eye sight that I do actually walk into walls/poles/chairs/stairs/etc. without them, and he can remove my glasses in about 10 seconds flat.   That can become really dangerous.


I decided on a Hobby Lobby trip to pick up some leather and a glass pendant to DIY my own!
It is going to take me longer to make this post than it did to make the necklace!

Fold leather in half and pass through the center of the pendant

Pass ends through the loop making a cow hitch knot

cow hitch knot tightened

Now for the ends.   You will need to use the Half Hitch knot

Repeat the Half Hitch for the other end.  This will allow the knots to slide.

Pull the knots apart if you want your necklace smaller

Or pull them together if you want the necklace longer

Ok.. this post took me MUCH MUCH longer than the making the necklace did!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. Thanks for the tutorial. I am terrible with knots! ;)

    I am visiting from the Alexa hop. I hope you have a great week!

    Blessings,
    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the half hitch knot. Do you do one strand at a time or both?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand the half hitch knot. Do you do one strand at a time or both?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You knot one end onto the middle of the other and then knot the other end on to the middle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of the other. A onto the middle of B and then B to the middle of A

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! What are your thoughts?