Coupon Disaster..

My Attempt at a DIY coupon binder...  Fail..
I have been working on creating a simple to use coupon book for my mom.. Seriously.. who isn't trying to save money?    I couldn't manage to get a hold of  a pocket portfolio so I attempted to make a faux version out of one...  yeah.. didn't work



I also used a seam sealer to create pockets out of page protectors, which worked ok.....ish.
She ended up picking up one of those little plastic expanding files. She prefers to buy.. I prefer to DIY.   I ended up using a small photo book, that already had at hand, for mine.  Both of them work.  I just like being able to see my coupons as I'm going through the store, she is a better planner and likes to figure out which coupons she will use before she goes in the store.  I don't know who's system is better, but two ideas for two different systems.
What Mom prefers to use.

Mine is similar to this.


It really depends on your preference :D
Do you coupon? How do you keep them organized and with you when you need them?  Got any suggestions for us?

Want more DIYs?  Check out the "Linked Up" Tab above!  There are TONS!!

2 comments:

  1. I coupon a lot and I actually use two of the little plastic expanding ones (got them at Target for $1). One of them I use with the typical coupon categories like meat/dairy/frozen/etc. The other one I use and label each section for stores I go to regularly like Target/CVS/Rite Aid/Weis/Mall Stores/Fast Food. That way I have my coupons for each store ready to go and I also have an organized way to keep any coupons I find while at the various stores. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the preferring to DIY! A photo album sounds perfect for coupons!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! What are your thoughts?